How to Apply
If I’m already a UI student, how do I declare?
- Declare the certificate in writing on MyUI by going to the Student Records tab and selecting "Programs of Study and Advisors" in the Advising section. Or contact the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) Undergraduate Programs: 120 Schaeffer Hall; 319-335-2633; email@example.com.
If I want to join as an online student, how do I apply?
- New students who are only pursuing this certificate (please read these instructions to the end):
- Complete the Non-degree Students application at the Office of Admissions website. You will need to set up a user account and password to complete the application.
- When prompted for a college select College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (current professional and international students welcome!), and indicate that you're pursuing undergraduate coursework.
- In the Purpose of Attending box, enter Online Certificate in Writing. Off-campus students earning a degree or certificate online must declare the program of study with the "online qualifier." This qualifier allows distance learners to be identified and for related data to be collected.
- Undergraduate admission requirements and application information can be found here: https://admissions.uiowa.edu.
- No extra application or writing sample is required.
Current UI students who want to add this certificate to their program of study:
- Current students can declare the Certificate in Writing on MyUI by going to the Student Records tab and selecting "Programs of Study and Advisors" in the Advising section.
- Or, contact the CLAS Undergraduate Programs office (120 Schaeffer Hall; 319-335-2633; firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask the front desk staff to help you declare the certificate.