How to Apply
New students who are only pursuing this certificate (please read these instructions to the end):
- Complete the Nondegree Students application at the Office of Admissions website. You will need to set up a user account and password to complete the application.
- When prompted for a college select College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (current professional and international students welcome!), and indicate that you're pursuing undergraduate coursework.
- In the Purpose of Attending box, enter Online Certificate in Writing. Off-campus students earning a degree or certificate online must declare the program of study with the “online qualifier.” This qualifier allows distance learners to be identified and for related data to be collected.
- Undergraduate admission requirements and application information can be found here: http://admissions.uiowa.edu.
- No extra application or writing sample is required.
- Read Frequently Asked Questions for more details about the online program.
Current UI students who want to add this certificate to their program of study:
- Current students can declare the Certificate in Writing on MyUI by going to the Student Records tab and selecting "Programs of Study and Advisors" in the Advising section.
- Or, contact the CLAS Academic Programs and Student Development office (120 Schaeffer Hall; 319-335-2633; firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask the front desk staff to help you declare the certificate.